Monday, November 5, 2012

E-mail 11/05/2012

Hello wonderful family!!
What an awesome week! We have been busy and working hard.
I went on an exchange to Spanish land this last week. It was fun. I learned that it doesn't pay to be cocky. I was saying how much Spanish I knew, so he had me participate in the lesson we had. I read Moroni ten five. Then I bore my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It was way scary. The Elder I was with thought I had done that before, but I hadn't really. It was awesome though. Working with the Spanish is different than English. I had fun.
We are finding a lot of good people and helping the people we are working with to progress towards baptism. The person that moved here from Plainfield isn't ready to be baptized this weekend, but they are going to be baptized on the twenty fourth which is really cool.
We had taught a guy last Sunday who said he would go to church. We called him Saturday night and the phone didn't work. Sunday morning he called and wanted a ride to church. We had wrote the number down wrong. We made a few phone calls and he came to church. He loved it. The person who gave him a ride will make a great fellowshipper for him.
We are working hard and loving it here. This is the best ward in the best mission. That's the truth.
I love you! May the Spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant
P.S. Bring on the bikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment