Monday, October 29, 2012

E-mail 10/29/2012

Hello Awesome family!
What an awesome week! I love riding my bike! I am so glad I will get to ride it my final tenure here. Even though it has gone from cold to warm to cold, it has been a good week.
We had a family move from a neighboring area who one of them will be baptized soon. Another investigator, whom we have met with twice now, is awesome. Her name is Alice. When we invited her to be baptized on the seventeenth of November she went to her calendar and wrote it down and asked "what do I need to do to prepare for that?" That doesn't happen often. Usually they come up with an excuse, but she was all gung-ho.
Our other investigators are doing well. We are working to help them progress where ever they are. If people would just keep the commitments we extend they would be so the much more happy and would enjoy their life more. It is nice when people keep the invitation and they see the blessings in their life and there is that ah ha moment.
The ward had a trunk or treat, but it was cold so they had it in the cultural hall. There were a lot of people there. It was great. We walked around and greeted people. For some strange reason people kept giving us candy. Some people were throwing candy at us. We had a sugar high. :)
I was able to speak in church this last Sunday. It was funny because I had offered to give one if they wanted me to. A few days later I got a call and the people who had been asked couldn't, so he remembered that I had offered so he asked me. I spoke on weathering the storms of life. This is the best ward! The members here are great. They are very supportive of the missionary program and do what they can to help.
I love you all! May the Spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment