Monday, October 1, 2012

E-mail 10/01/2012

Hello Good looking family!
This week has been super busy. But I was gone for our busiest day. I was in Green Castle. In Indy 3rd we had appointments from the beginning of the day until the end of the evening. It has been really non stop, so it was nice to go to Green Castle. It is a small town, so not a lot goes on, but we spent some time on Depuaw campus talking with the students there. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it.
We met with a lady, whose name is Ruby. In our second lesson with her we invited her to be baptized on November seventeenth. She said "That's my birthday." We were like "no way! that is awesome! So, are you doing anything on your birthday?" "No." She said "I never do anything on my birthday." "Well how about you get baptized on your birthday." She accepted. How cool is that to get baptized on your birthday?!
I am so excited for General Conference! It is going to be so awesome hearing the words of living Prophets and Apostles. We are planning on having several people watch conference.
We biked a really far way away a few days ago. It took us about an hour to get there. We wanted to go from one neighborhood to another, but the only way was to go a mile or so all the way around. We didn't want to do that so we took a short cut. If you recall I have not had a lot of success with short cuts. This was no exception. Even though it was only a few yards, it was a wilderness. There were a few trees, a small stream, and a lot of tall weeds and shrubbery. It took us twenty minutes to get through it, so it didn't save us any time. We also thought we were standing in poison ivy, because neither one of us had seen it before and weren't sure what it looked like, but we didn't get a rash, so it wasn't the dreaded plant. Maybe I'll eventually learn the art of short cut taking.
I LOVE being a missionary! You are all awesome! Thank you for being you! I love you! May the Spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment