Monday, September 24, 2012

E-mail 09/24/2012

Hello glorious family!
This has been a crazy busy week. It has cooled off a lot.
I went to a leadership meeting on Tuesday and among learning much about how to minister the gospel, President Collins taught us about math. More specifically about trigonometry. He was teaching us a principle and he was proving his point by teaching us about math. The Gospel is like math. The basics are the arithmetic + - x etc. Complicated math is just a combination of the basics. With Trigonometry you are just trying to figure out a triangle. So not only did he teach us a lot about the gospel, but he taught us a lot about how to do well with math. I thought it funny, because he had asked who liked and disliked math. His response to those who disliked it was "That's because you don't understand." It was a good meeting. The following day in district meeting I basically just replayed, through proxy, what President Collins taught us. It went well.
We had interviews on Thursday. They went well. Sister Collins taught us about eating healthy. She told us to eat more fiber. She asked us, we were in a group, who knew what fiber is. She explained to us what it is and what happens if you don't eat enough fiber. She told us a story of a missionary who was in pain for three days because of it. It's a good thing I eat oatmeal...occasionally. ;)
I went on exchanges to Plainfield with Elder Hoffmann. We had a great exchange. When I got back there was a massive, heavy box waiting for me. I opened it up to behold the wondrous treasures inside. I beheld delicious looking pears, pear jelly, and energizing "Eternal Gatorade." I also beheld some hot looking peppers, which I am a little afraid to partake of, for fear of severe burning of my sensitive tongue. Many other things I had seen which cannot be written at this time.
The story about the "flippen car," I thought was funny that you sent that to me. Greencastle is in my district and the day that that happened those Elders texted me and said they had been the cause of a car wreck. My first thought was "oh no! My Elders are dead!" But I called them and they recounted the story. They were laughing the whole time. It has been the center of a lot of conversations. I will have to show those Elders the paper you sent me.
James and Julie came to church and they brought their two daughters Jasalyn and Lilly. They love church. They are becoming ever more excited to be baptized next month. We are very excited for them. They are seeing the blessings of the Gospel in their lives and they are feeling the Spirit.
May the Spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant






No comments:

Post a Comment