Tuesday, September 6, 2011

E-mail 09/06/2011

Hello Wonderful Family!!
I love it here!! I love being a missionary! Things are going great, We are teaching lots of people, doing lots of finding, the branch loves us, and still get our daily dose of trials, life is good.
We had an investigator come to church. Her name is Sis Robin, she loved church. The members super fellow-shipped her. After church she spent two hours talking with members. She believes that God is leading her to learn more about us. We are having our third lesson with her tonight and are going to commit her to a baptismal date. She has been keeping all of her commitments. She is very smart, has a job, dresses nice for church, and is spiritual minded.
The family we are teaching, we are still trying to get another lesson with them. They didn't come to church, because of baseball games, but the dad still seems interested. We haven't given up on them, the kids are really awesome.
The Blueberry festival happened over this last weekend, the largest festival in Indiana. We went to a members home and watched the parade. It was good, they had a hot air balloon spewing fire, it was sweet. We saw a few people we knew, that's always fun. They were selling Krispy Kreme donuts, and I ate a few, but I'm not fat. :)
We are teaching lots of people, our pool has grown from three not too solid people to six or so solid people, we are helping these people progress toward baptism. Some of course take longer than others but they all need the gospel and are all children of God.
This Branch is so very awesome! They are missionary minded, they do all they can to support us and they feed us a lot. I love the people here. This is an awesome area. My companion and I are really working hard. I love my companion, he is very funny. He makes short, funny comments, and is not afraid to speak his mind.
Thank you for being so awesome! I love you! May the Spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment