Monday, February 13, 2012

E-mail 02/13/2012

Hello super awesome family that is awesome!
This week has been awesome! We are working hard and loving it!
We taught Max twice this week. As we taught him we used fun activities and examples to help him learn. For example with obedience we had him color a picture using the right colors for the right area and staying in the lines. I colored a picture just like it. Except I used whatever colors I wanted and didn't stay in the lines at all. His picture turned out much better. So it showed how when you are obedient you get a prettier picture.
We also had an investigator, whom in the past would skip appointments. My companion called him out on it. When we set another appointment Elder Mayfiled asked "are you going to be there this time?" He said yes. He was there. Even though he was tired he still met with us. I thought that was really cool.
We had a lesson with a part-member family this last week. We brought a recent convert with us. We started talking about the plan of salvation. It went ok. Then for some reason we started talking about the Spirit and how it reminds us of where we once lived. The Spirit came strongly. As the recent convert and member were talking I looked over at the non-member brother. He was deep in thought about what we had taught. He doesn't have a belief in God. When we gave him chapters out of the book of Mormon to read that testify of the savior, as well we told him that through the Spirit he would know that God lives. He said it would be hard but he would do it. He was sincere about it, too. I love being a missionary! For one we get to help people know who God is for themselves. We are here to help them help themselves. We teach them how to receive revelation. I love it!
I love you all! May the Spirit be with you!!
Elder Durrant
 
P.S. I got a surprise this week that nearly knocked me over. When we opened up our box we saw the package so we thought it was Elder Mayfield's, because he was expecting one and I wasn't. When he said my name was on it I was shocked and went inside to open it up. I was pleasantly surprised to see all that was there inside. Those cookies, by the way, were yummylicious! I am going to eat the ginormous heart shaped cookie tomorrow. How did you know I was craving oranges this week? I am so happy! Thank you for your awesomeness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment