Monday, March 5, 2012

E-mail 03/05/2012

Hello Wonderful family!!
It snowed today, but it is all melting away. People tell me that happens down here. It will snow and the next day it melts. Overall it has been very warm.
We got transfer calls this morning.
We finished teaching Max the lessons. He is now ready to be baptized. He is very excited for it. He is all the more excited for his dad to baptize him. The last two lessons we taught him were the word of wisdom and the law of chastity. For the Word of wisdom I used an example I learned from primary. We had a picture of a boy and for the good things Max colored him in. Then for the bad things Max scribbled on him. He looked a lot better when he was colored in. After the lesson we were getting ready to leave but they pulled out there Nerf guns and we had a few rounds sent our way. They gave us a fully auto twenty round gun to fight back with. The battlefield was riddled with bullets. :)
We taught a less active lady this week. In the lesson my companion read to her the scripture Isa 6:5. What was cool was she read in 2 Nep the same account right before we came over. Another similar story; we taught a Spanish speaking lady and we brought someone who spoke Spanish. He gave the account of the restoration in Spanish. When he finished I said "I don't know what he said exactly but I felt the Spirit as he said it, so I know it's true." After the lesson my companion told me he was going to say something similar but I spoke first. Both of these show that God prepares people and you know it is the Spirit when you both receive the impression to do something. I love being a missionary!
Elder Mayfield is leaving Clear Creek and is going to train a new missionary. I am staying here and getting a new companion. I love Clear Creek it is a great place!
Being a missionary is the best thing ever! I love you all! May the Spirit be with you!!
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment