Monday, October 3, 2011

E-mail 10/03/2011

Hello wonderful family!!
I love being a missionary!
This week has been really good! We had a meeting where we were trained on how to use mormon.org, for the upcoming campaign. They are going to have about twenty billboards throughout Indiana. Commercials about I'm a Mormon. It is going to be sweet!
Conference was so awesome! I planned to share some of my thoughts, but I forgot my notes so I won't. Just kidding, I did forget my notes, but I can share what I remember. I loved Pres. Monson! He was so happy and positive! "Hello!" The priesthood session was so awesome! It was just full of rebukement! I thought it was funny when Elder Holland said that "there is a level of maturity that senior missionaries bring that a nineteen year old Elder cannot." Someone sitting next to me said "ooh burn" in my direction. It was a good talk. I enjoyed all of the talks. This was a very good conference. Either they are getting better and better or I am just paying closer attention.
There was a person who had gotten a cold. The same day they received a blessing. The very next day they were better and back to normal functioning. That is called a miracle.
My new companion is so awesome! He is learning all he can. We are having a good time.
The members here are so awesome. They do many things at great personal sacrifice. For example, we needed an exchange and no one was available so he accepted to go even though he was up at one o clock and would only get four hours of sleep tonight. Hometeaching is a different story as well. Instead of your five or six people being on three or four different streets, you have seven or eight people in three or four different cities. Can you imagine driving half an hour to get to your first home? They really appreciate all the work we do.
We had an investigator come to a movie night on Friday where we watched Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration. Then she came to both sessions on Sunday. She enjoyed both. She said it caused her to think, and Conference answered many of her questions.
Thank you all for all that you do! I love you! May the Spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment