Monday, December 12, 2011

E-mail 12/12/2011

Hello wonderfully awesome family!!
This week has been awesome!! We got transfer calls this morning. Being a missionary is the best!
This past week we have been doing a lot. We stay busy everyday. If we don't have an appointment, than we try stopping by someone. If we don't have anyone to stop by than we find people who will meet with us. The other day, we planned to go to certain homes and talk with them. Most missionaries despise this form of finding, which isn't the most effective finding tool. My companion wasn't really happy to go and do this, but what happened is that after we finished talking with several people some of which were really funny to talk with, he became really happy and the time flew by. Attitude is everything. I'll tell you about some of the people we talked to which were most funny. One guy as he open the door part of it fell off, so as we talked to him he was fixing it. My companion taught him about eternal family and asked if he wanted to be with his family forever. His reply was "not today." He thought we asked can we teach you about that. That was funny. One lady had nine Christmas trees. Another person opened the door and said "you're Mormon, we're !@#$%^&(their religion). we're not going to talk." then they closed the door. We had a good day.
Oh, I'm getting transferred. I find out where I go Wednesday.
I am not going hungry that's for sure. People are feeding us left and right. I have fully enjoyed serving here in Plymouth for these past six months. Oh I got a bucket of coal. It was coal candy. I love being a missionary and serving the Lord! I love you all! May the Spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment