Monday, December 19, 2011

E-mail 12/19/2011

Hello awesometastic family!
You will not believe what happened! We got transfer calls and I have been zooming all around this past week. I got transferred. Guess where I got transferred to. It is super crazy.
My new companion is Elder Knowles. He is from American Fork, in Utah. He is so awesome! He knows who Kyler is. They went to school together. He is a Marine. He is showing me all the ropes of being a Marine. How to march, how turn while marching, how to stay in line while marching.  Just really everything about marching.  Can you believe that he is my first Utah companion?
The members here are really awesome.  Most of them are from Utah.  Does that give you a hint of where I'm at? In Sacrament Meeting there were at least one hundred and twenty people.  Elder Knowles says that normally there are one hundred and fifty. This is so weird being in a big ward. I just came from a place where they peaked at sixty on a good week. I have a lot of adjusting to do. Most of the members here are young families who are students. Which is why most of them are from Utah. They transferred here from BYU. There is a lot of work to do.
Elder Knowles is showing me the ropes and I am slowly getting to know my way around.  We have so much to do that we have to be careful not to overlap. The members are really great.
Ok, ok, I'll tell you where I'm at.   Are you ready?    Bloomington!    I am in the Clear Creek Ward.  There are three wards here and one branch. 
We have a lot of investigators. One of them, whose name is Peter, came to church and pays tithing. I haven't taught him yet, but he seems like a great guy. We are teaching him Tuesday.
I haven't been here long, but I already love it here!  The people are great, the climate is nice, and they have hills! Finally I can put my hill biking muscles to use! It has always been really flat.
I love being a missionary! I love it here! I love all of you!
May the Spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment