Monday, December 20, 2010

E-mail 12/20/2010

Hello wonderful family!!
I am safely in Indiana! The plane ride was amazing! It was like riding a really long roller coaster. you go really fast, then you go up, then you go down, and stop really fast. It was fun!! I zoomed right through security, and I handed two people pass along cards.
My new companion, Elder Clawson is awesome! He is from Colorado, and is about six inches taller than me. He is teaching me good stuff, and helping me to "pop my bubble" and talk with people. We went tracting and it was so much fun! We even got a door slammed in our faces! how cool is that?! It wasn't as cold as I thought it would be, from all the horror stories I had heard, it wasn't all that bad, but I'm not saying it isn't cold.
Pres. Collins is so cool! We went and ate together, My companion and the assistants, also. It was a good meal.
I was surprised at the size of the ward here, There are about eighty members that actively go to church, and the boundaries are like twenty or more square miles. This is one of the smaller wards, but I still can't get over it. I'm used to a lot of people in a small area, but hopefully with the members help, and the Lord, the numbers will increase.
My first member meal was with a family, who two of there children, just got baptized. We ate spaghetti. The Dad reminded me of My family, sarcastic, funny, humorous.
I love it here!! I love tracting, and I am starting to grow a love for the people!
Thanks, I love you all!!!!!
P.S. I will try to write those who wrote me as soon as I can.
Love you!
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment