Monday, January 24, 2011

E-mail 01/24/2011

Hello wonderful family!!
It is great out here! and I mean it! And all I'm going to say is it's a good thing this church is true!
The other night a member made fried chicken and I ate it with a knife and fork :) And I now have a new favorite pie. It was apple, but now it's peach, it is so good!
I have a new companion.
Remember how I said we went to Lucas Oil Stadium? The Colt's football arena. It is a cool building, it can hold 70,000 people and this season the whole place has been sold out, every game. The roof will retract, and one of the walls. We went onto the field and I jumped and touched the bottom of the end-zone goal. It is about as high as a basketball rim. It is a very fancy building, and big.
We are so busy, we are covering two area's now because Elder Ashton's companion had to go home for medical reasons, so he is with us now and we always have something to do. We have a lot of fun. Last night Pres. Collins and his wife spoke at a youth fireside, along with Elder Ashton. He said some things which I would like to share. He said if you do these two things the chances of serving a mission will increase dramatically. The first is stay away from evil on the internet. and second don't waste time on video games. I'm serious that is what he said. He said try picking up a good book instead. He said some game time is ok, but to spend eight or nine hours per day on it, isn't very good. I thought that was funny he said that, especially since I said something like that in my talk. I also spoke in sacrament meeting, but we won't talk about that. Let's just say my companion wasn't very happy with me.
OK, OK, I'll tell you, I spoke on enduring to the end, and I forgot my notes at home. I was able to say stuff for eight or so minutes, than I ran out of things to say, so he had to speak for 25-30 minutes. I was surprised I was able to speak for that long. So that was cool.
I won't tell you how warm it is here, but let's just say your weather is balmy compared to here.
I love you all!
May the spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant

At the Colts Stadium, Standing on the field. In the end zone.
Man, this place is big.
Yes, I touched it.  If you don’t believe me, too bad.
Go for the goal!
I so caught that!

Touch down!
My companion and I
The bar.  Cool though.
Shaken, not stirred
I mean NO Visiters
Check out this TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment