Monday, January 3, 2011

E-mail 01/03/2011


Hello superawesome family!!
Life here is great! On new years I was outside in a short sleeved shirt :) It was fifty degrees for two days! Then it went back down.
I am learning a lot, from my companion, the scriptures, my leaders, the world, and people.
We had a companionship exchange the other day, and we thought Elder Clawson would be going over to the District leaders area. When we got to the place where we met to exchange, we found out that I was moving and the District leader, Elder Prothero, was going to our area, so I left with Elder Ashton, with only what I had with me, scriptures. I had the whole day planned, and was sweating bullets, because it was like the big test. It was all good though. I had some great experiences.
OK, you know what's really weird; they have on the gas stations price signs, a place for the price of coffee, and cigarettes, and the coffee comes in 16oz. Who drinks that much coffee! Crazy O.
OK, another experience, we were teaching a Mom and her two kids, we committed them to baptism and they accepted to be baptized on the 12 of Feb. we went by the next day, the very next day, and they got kicked out that night. They fell off the radar, we didn’t know where they went to. Two days later she called us asking for beds, we asked if she still wanted to be baptized, she said yes, so we will continue to teach her. It is so crazy what happens before someone is baptized.
I rode a bike for the first time on Thursday, the anniversary of my crash, and no I didn't crash again, of course I just went up and down the road. It felt so good! We are going to be biking next week, I am so excited!!! :D On that note my wrist feels great, it is fully healed, and now I can do push-ups again!
Thanks for supporting me!!
I love you!!!!
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment