Monday, May 16, 2011

E-mail 05/16/2011


Hello Glorious Family!!
This Week has been awesome! We are still busy as ever, like two to three days in advance, which is sweet! saves on planning time at night.
Paula is getting baptized Wednesday! I am so excited! She was referred by a member when I got here and after six times of trying her and she not being home we almost gave up, but one night we were like hey there's that referrals house, so we were like what the heck. We knocked on the door and she answered. That was about three months ago, now she is getting baptized! And I get to see it! Yep that's right I get to see her get baptized! Elder Eames will be baptizing her and I will give a talk on baptism and be a witness. I am so happy!
We had Y. I. Believe last night. Bruce spoke at it. We met with him a few hours before to make sure he was ready, and he said he was nervous and wasn't sure he was prepared. Especially with this last minute cramming session that we were doing. Elder Eames told me after that he was just going to let him not speak, but I insisted that he speak. I told him I would drag him by his toes up to the pulpit if I had to. After we convinced him that he really did want to speak, Elder Eames prepped him good and helped him with what he would say. He wrote it on a sticky note and Bruce said he would type it out all nice and neat instead of using our sloppy note paper, we all laughed. He actually did it, it typed it all out. He did a wonderful job! He did say that when we first talked to him we were lurking outside his house. Bruce is really funny! He is going to be baptized in August.
We also have a new investigator, Kim, who between two appointments three days apart read the entire Book of Mormon and up to the 109th section of the Doctrine and Covenants, we were blown away. She came to church and she wants to be baptized. And she has an eight year old daughter, does it get any better than that!
We have been having a wonderful week and mission, the blessings of obedience.
Oh, by the way, I am not getting transferred. I am staying in my first area for 7 1/2 months and Elder Eames is still going to be my companion. I am so happy! Elder Eames is awesome!
I love you all! Thank you very much! May the Spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment