Monday, May 23, 2011

E-mail 05/23/2011


Hello supurb fasmily!
This week has been awesome and very interesting.
So Monday evening as we sat down to plan, we got a phone call from the assistants. They asked Elder Eames if he got a call that morning. He said no. They then said hey, sorry, you're getting transferred. Elder Eames is leaving! This is still my first area! By the time the next transfer comes around I will have been here seven and a half months. that is so crazy! My new companion is awesome! His name is Elder Williams. He is from Thatcher, AZ(same as a prophet) He is a year and a half out, and is the District leader. I have only not been the District leader's companion my first transfer. It is fun though.
The first day Elder Williams got here, we had a baptism. My first one!! Her name is Paula Smith. Bro Keim baptized and confirmed her. It went so awesome! She even invited a friend to the baptism. I am so happy!
There is a member here who served in Argentina and knows of Nate Oliphant, I thought that was neat. His name is Bro Cusack.
Thursday morning my back tire was flat, so we walked to the gas station and filled it up. Half way to our appointment it went flat again. We walked the rest of the way to the appointment. They then drove us to where we had locked the bikes up and they pumped it up for me. As we were biking along it went flat again and a guy hollared at me and said my tire was flat. He walked over and said hey, I've got a spare tire, you can have it. He than exchanged our tubes and we filled it up. It is crazy how the Lord takes care of us. It was a great blessing for that brother as well.
We are so busy here. The area is booming, my companion rocks and I love being a missionary, what more can I ask for.
I love all of you and am grateful for your love and support, Thank you!!
May the spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant
Elder Williams,
Paula right after baptism,
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment