Thursday, May 5, 2011

E-mail 05/02/2011


Hello wonderfully awesome family!
This week has been fantastic! I have received a nickname from a few different people, "Smiley," I thought that was very funny. who would have thunk it. I just can't help smiling sometimes. Smiling is contagious.
This last Sunday, Bruce, came to church and he went up and bore his testimony. We were so excited! He is doing awesome, he is ready for baptism, he just needs to see that he is ready. He has agreed to speak at the next Why I believe, He is so solid.
We had a lesson with Paula and Larry Sunday at a members home, we had a little testimony meeting, it was awesome. She continues to come to church and have lessons with us, and she says she is close to being converted, but is not quite there yet. Larry, her husband, will do what she does. He told us that a while ago he attended church but wasn't baptized, but it was a positive experience for him.
Then Caesar and Marie are awesome. They haven't come to church yet but they want to. They love to feed us, each time we go over they give us something to eat. They have a lot of questions, and are very open. They also have a friend who has been sitting in and is very interested as well.
Our days have been so busy, they are booked two days in advance that is so awesome.
We set a baptism date with someone we found the day after Christmas, her name is Kim. She is also starting to progress. I love it when people progress! It makes me happy! You know there have been a lot of people commenting on how happy I am, no matter what happens, I don't understand, aren't I a mean grumpy Elder that has no fun, he he :)
I love my companion, it is fun having little useless arguments with him, like this morning over first Nephi, it is fun. I love being a missionary!!
I love you!!!!!!!
Thank you fore you love and support! :) May the Spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment