Monday, November 28, 2011

E-mail 11/28/2011

Hello wonderawesome family!!
I feel so fat! I have eaten so much! I'm huge!
This week has been awesome! The members love us so much that they feed us a lot. You know what they say The quickest way to a mans heart is through his stomach. If you like someone you give them food. Before I tell you in this e-mail how many Thanksgiving meals we had, tell me how many you think we had.
Our branch President told us the other day he was sitting on his back porch when he saw a deer about two hundred yards away. He had his gun so he aimed at it, compensated for travel and wind, and fired. A second later he hears a thud and the buck goes down. He his it right in the organs and it went strait down. He was so amazed by that shot. It was and eight point buck(points meaning how many poky things are on the horns, the more there are the bigger it is) about two hundred and twenty yards away. I love our branch President.
We had three thanksgiving meals. yea, I told you I was a pig. One was Wednesday night the others were the next day. It was really good food. At the Wednesday night one there was a Chinese women who was visiting and everything fascinated her. She had never seen a turkey before. She also had never seen mashed potatoes. Her excitement made me more excited to eat. Someone told us that we would be the same way about Chinese food. At restaurants it is American food prepared in Chinese ways. In China it's Chinese food prepared in Chinese ways. Our next meal was with an investigator family. They are a great family. They took a picture of us sitting on their recliner with a plate full of food. I will have to see if they will send you the picture. Then we went to a members home and they had tons of food. They had cooked three turkeys. They also had four boys. Then we had pie at another members home. It was a really great day. We had a good time.
We chopped wood for our landlord the other day. Elder Brezenski was a machine going at it. We didn't even remove a finger or toe, or head. ;)
Also, that family that I mentioned several weeks ago, one of their sons came to church on Sunday. He really enjoyed it. The Sunday school class was getting rowdy and talk about other things. In the middle of all of that he said "I thought we were supposed to be talking about Jesus here." I thought it was very cool that he would say that. He knew why he was there. He is a very smart kid.
I love you all! May the Spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant
 
"The cure for stupidity is pain. when it hurts bad enough you'll quit, if you live." Pres Hinsdale

No comments:

Post a Comment