Monday, January 23, 2012

E-mail 01/23/2012

Hello fulintabulas family!
This last week has been awesome! We have seen many miracles and are doing much good.
The miracle of the week was this, We went to stop by a former, but he wasn't home. We two two four'd him(meaning we knocked two doors to the left of him. Two to the right. And four across the street from him.) As we did this, a guy, named Bro Jeff, answered the door and started talking with us about general things. In the middle of this he said he was really busy but told us that we could come back on Tuesday. As we finished up the knocking the former pulled up so we set an appointment with him as well. This is not the end of the story though. The next day we realized that we had already scheduled something at the time we were going to see Bro Jeff, so we needed to adjust his appointment a little bit. We went back and knocked on his door. He opened it and let us right in and we ended up teaching him the Restoration. He felt the Spirit and told us he did. We committed him to be baptized next month and he accepted. He is a really awesome guy. We were able to adjust the appointment on Tuesday as well.
We had an ice storm this last week! It was so awesome! Everything is so pretty. We were able to talk with a lot of people because nobody wanted to leave their home. It was great. We had a lot of fun. The temperature got up to fifty on Sunday so all of the ice melted. It is fairly warm out, too. The weather is really weird, it doesn't want to make up it's mind. It keeps going from hot to cold. I like the hot times.
I love my companion. Even though he shoots me in the back with nerfs. He loves just picking up his nerf gun and shooting me. One time we were deciding where to go so we attached a pushpin to the end of one of the darts. We shot it at the map and that's where we went. He forgot that he left that nerf in the gun. When he picked it up he shot me and realized what he did. He felt so bad. It didn't break skin it just poked me. I love my companion. One time I was spinning a bottle in the air because I was excited and I lost control of it and it hit me in the upper lip. That drew blood, but I did it to myself so that doesn't count.
We are having a great time over here. We love the work. We love the people. We love the Savior.
May the Spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment