Monday, July 2, 2012

E-mail 07/02/2012

!Hola! !Familaria!
What a busy crazy week! We have been teaching a lot and we have members going with us to these lessons so they are progressing faster than if they did not come.
Julianne, one of our investigators is getting baptized this Saturday. She is a good lady. If she is not able to attend our ward, because of work, than she will go to another ward for as long as she can. She really wants to be baptized. As we were helping her pick who would do what during the baptism, she is allowing me to confirm her.
I don't have a lot of time today, by the way, so if I don't respond to your e-mail don't think I hate you, I just don't have time. We only have an hour today.
One of our investigators, Robert, is getting baptized September first. We had to move it, because that is when he gets off of parole. We cannot baptize people who are on probation or parole. That is part of their repentance and it would take First Presidency approval to do otherwise. He is a really good guy. A teddy bear would describe him accurately. His wife loves missionaries and whenever she sees us she says "Hello my sons!" She tells us her home is "our home away from home." She is a great lady. She is a member.
We went over to Tom's house and when we walked in he had sitting on the table the Bible the Book of Mormon and about ten sheets of anti. That was fun trying to wade through that. With about everything he said to us we would tell him that he would need to read the Book of Mormon. The answers are in the Book of Mormon. He admitted he hadn't read the Book of Mormon. By the end of the night we had him committed to read the Book of Mormon before we would come back over and teach him. We knew that until he read the Book of Mormon nothing we said would do anything for him. Our next visit is going to be fun. We plan to teach the Plan of salvation after we know he has read the Book of Mormon. I expect to see a visible difference in him after his reading.
It's been a fun week. It's been warm. My birthday was awesome! The mailman was great. He brought the package to us and said he wanted to bring it before we left for the day. How nice of him. Don't worry I will take pictures, but I will tell you what I did with some of the items. The apple I put in a blender with a banana, an orange, and with milk. It tasted interesting. I love the banana bread, it tastes good. And Maxina...my new girlfriend...When I first saw it I was like what in the world is this. I finally figured it out. I buckled her up in the back seat of the car and she has been out proselyting with us, she stays in the car. All of the other missionaries love her. You will love the pictures I'm going to send.
I love you all! May the Spirit be with you!
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment