Monday, August 27, 2012

E-mail 08/27/2012

Hello wonderful family of awesomeness!!
This week has been great. We have been working hard and getting a lot done.
My new companion is Elder Briggs, from Nevada. He lives in Overton, right outside of Las Vegas. He is a great missionary.
We taught Bro Robert this week. He is getting really excited to be baptized. He is facing a lot of resistance, but he is staying strong. He loves to expound on the things we teach him. We will say a statement of truth and he will take it and devour it. Oft times while he speaks he will be sharing an experience and a scripture will come to my mind, which I will share with them and it will be exactly what he was saying. He is a really good guy.
We are teaching Sis Donna, who is an older lady. We found her while tracting. This last time we brought a member with us and the member offered to bring her to church. She came to church and loved it. We gave her a large print Book of Mormon, because she said the normal print is to small. The large print Book of Mormon is a phone book. It probably takes a whole tree to make one. I wonder how many trees the Bible would take.
Something awesome happened this past week while we were tracting. We received a phone call from a neighboring area; they are teaching a family that I had taught while I was there. They are getting baptized this Saturday and the little boy, named Avery, when he was asked who he wanted to baptize him he said he want me to do it. That was a year and a half ago, but he remembered me because I had drawn him a picture, so he wants me to baptize him. I was amazed. That's what happens when you plant seeds, they grow, even ones that you think aren't seeds.
This has been a great week. Next week is looking to be awesome. This is the best area in the mission! This is the best mission in the world! May the Spirit be with you!
Elder  Durrant
 
Elder Brezenski, Elder Durrant, Elder Briggs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment